Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April Wishlist

found on tumblr | bluebonnets in tx

April is my favorite month of the entire year- My birthday is in this month (bonus, it's my golden birthday!), the bluebonnets have sprung, and the sun is always shining! 

This April, I have a few things that I would really like to do. I don't know if I will be able to do all of the things on this list, but if I ended up doing a few, I would be satisfied!


1. Go kayaking
Neill and I love to go kayaking in Austin when the weather is nice. It is so beautiful, and you really feel connected with nature, plus it's a great arm workout! I really look forward to going kayaking again now that it has been consistently 80 degrees.

2. Take a weekend or day trip
Ideally, I really would love to go to Denver, CO for a weekend, but I know I'm not being realistic. It would be nice to go to DFW or Houston for one weekend though, ad just see some new sights. 

3. Go to the library

I am completing a reading challenge this year: read 12 books in 12 months. So far, I have read 6 books, and it is only April! I try to alternate between reading a book on iBooks/Kindle App and a physical paper copy. I just finished Wonder by R.J. Palacio. I also try to read some adult fiction as well as young adult/children's novels, since I am a teacher and my students regularly ask for book suggestions. 

4. Get a pedicure
It's sandal weather, and my feet have been shoved in closed toed shoes for too many months. They need some TLC so they can be spring and summer ready. 

5. Buy a desk at IKEA.

I would really like to have my own personal desk so I could have a space that is all my own. I think it is important to have an independent space, and to have a space that gives you inspiration. I've been eying the alex 5 drawers and a table top (like most youtube beauty gurus have for their makeup station). I just can't help it, I love IKEA.  

6. Start the journey to health.

One of my goals that I have been slacking on is getting healthier. I want my BMI to be back in the healthy range, and I would really like to kick start that this month. I am planning on exercising more often, eating healthier, and signing up for the rec center to take spin classes or zumba or whatever else I might be feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment