Thursday, April 2, 2015

Get to know me TAG!

Hello, lovelies!

Today, I thought it might be nice if I completed a 25 question get to know me tag, in case you want to know about me a little bit more, so this blog can be more personal! Let's get started:


25 Questions
1. What is your middle name?: Michelle. 
2. What was favorite subject at school?: In high school, my favorite subject was U.S. History. Now, as a teacher, I love math! I love coming up with creative ways to teach different math concepts. 
3. What is your favorite drink?: At Christmas, I cut out all soda, and I have only slipped up 3 times ever since. I love drinking water, vanilla lattes (hot or iced), and a variety of teas (hot or iced). :)


4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I have been listening to All Time Lows upcoming album Future Hearts on iTunes radio, and I am obsessed with the entire album. I've also been listening to Model Mouse's Strangers to Ourselves album. I couldn't choose just one song. 
5. What is your favorite food?: Current food obsessions: gummy fruit snacks, strawberries and bananas, chips, tortillas and queso. 
6. What is the last thing you bought?: I bought some new clothes at Old Navy the other day, because it has already been so hot and I had to find some more longer dresses that are appropriate for work. (My job is very strict on dress code- dresses and skirts can only be 2 inches above the knee. It is so hard to find long enough dresses since I am 5'9".)
7. Favorite book of all time?: I love to read books, I am currently doing a yearlong challenge to read one book each month. I have to say my all time favorite books would have to be: Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, Kaffir Boy bMark Mathabane, and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
8. Favorite Color?: I like both pink and purple, very springy colors. 
9. Do you have any pets?: Yes! I have a one year old cat named Matilda, and I love her to pieces. She is my fur child. 
Matilda being adorable; July 2014
10. Favorite Perfume?: I'm not very big on perfume, but I do enjoy Coach's Poppy scent. 
11. Favorite Holiday?: I must admit, I don't have a standout holiday that is my favorite. For a long time, I did not enjoy Christmas because it brought back too many sad memories (my father has been very ill during the Christmas season more than once.) However, now that I live in my own house, I enjoy decorating the house for the holiday season, and buying gifts for others. So I would have to say Christmas is my favorite holiday. As a child, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. 
12. Are you married?: Yes! My husband, Neill, and I got married in August 2014. We met in college and started dating in November 2010. 


13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I have not. Bucket list item, though! Hopefully in the next year or two! 
14. Do you speak any other language?: No! I studied Latin for 2 years in high school and for one year in college. My husband and I actually met in Latin class. But I don't speak it (let's be honest... the only person that does is the Pope! ;))
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have one brother that is 10 years older than me. 
16. What is your favorite shop?: Target for general things, Zara and H&M for clothing, IKEA for home goods. 
17. Favorite restaurant?: Favorite Austin, TX restaurants: Cover 3, Moonshine, Gourdough's (a food truck.. it counts), and Hopdoddy. 
18. When was the last time you cried?: Probably watching a sappy video someone shared on Facebook a week or two ago. 
19. Favorite Blog?: I have a few: Career Girl Daily , Em Talks, and Helene in Between
20. Favorite Movie?: I will always be obsessed with Mean Girls and Love Actually. Other good movies: Gone Girl, Harry Potter Series, Divergent Series. 
21. Favorite TV shows?: I am currently working on watching every episode of Friends- I am on season 6! Other favorites: Fixer Upper, The Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, Dance Moms, Orange is the New Black, Bob's Burgers, Gilmore Girls. 
22. PC or Mac?: Mac. We love Mac so much, we have four Macbook Pros in our house of two people. Neill and I both received a laptop for work, and then we each have our personal ones from college. 
23. What phone do you have?: I have an iPhone 6. 
24. How tall are you?: 5’9″
25. Can you cook?: I am capable of cooking. It is not the most delicious thing you will ever taste, but it is edible. It definitely isn't worth instagramming. 

Thanks for reading! Hopefully this helps you get to know me a bit better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment